CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Edition

Last week as I was driving home from New Martinsville, I saw a sign outside of the pet shop in Moudsville for something called a pocket beagle. I was curious, so Nic and I stopped to check them out. Turns out, they are just extra super small beagles and they were all sold by the time we got there! Which was fine, we don't need another dog! Well, I scanned the cages and noticed a little Pomeranian, the exact color I have wanted for years!!! I went home and did some reasearch on Poms as a family pet. They got mixed reviews as a family pet to a family with young children. I went back to the pet shop with my friend Abby and her daughter Sophia and Nic, of course, to get their opinion of the Pom. We got him out and played with him and was the sweetest little thing, but very nervous of the other dogs and the children. He just cuddled on my lap, shaking. I have wanted a Pom for as long as I can remember, but they just didn't seem like the right pet for us. (Maybe when I am suffering from empty nest syndrome, I'll get one!) I was really upset, but decided it was the best thing for everyone involved. I would hate for him to be miserable in our crazy house or worse, be so scared into biting and child! In my research, I read about Shih Tzus. Turns out they are fantastic family pets and love children! They just happened to have a little girl there. We got her out and she immediately ran over to Nic and started playing! He was giggling and playing with her, I knew she had to come home with us! :)

Meet Izzy!










Izzy's home and everyone is excited!!!




Kurt claims he doesn't like animals, but this picture was not staged!!!!



Its just too hard to resist her charms! She is a good cuddler ;)

Nic is having a complete blast with her! She is playful and energetic which is right up Nic's Alley! I do have to watch him, he tends to play rough. With Izzy only weighing in at 2.65 lbs, she could really get hurt. I sometimes get flashbacks of the incident when John(my brother) was little and decided that our brand new puppy, Ralph, needed to do a Power Ranger move off of our front porch. There is nothing more pathetic than a tiny puppy walking with a cast! For the most part, Nic plays nice and I often catch him watching TV or eating a snack while petting Izzy. Its really cute :)

Here are some good shots of a boy and his puppy...









This move got a little scary for Izzy...


Nic just really wanted to sit on it!


Not to be forgotten, Oscar got a hair cut!!! When he came out from the groomer Nic was totally confused! Usually, Oscar brings a huge smile on Nic's face sometimes even a, "Oker", but this time Nic looked completely puzzled. Was it "Oker"? It wasn't until about 5 minutes after we got home that Nic realized this practically hairless dog was "Oker"!

This is Nic going in for a closer look. I think this was his "light bulb moment". What you don't see is the huge smile on his face and Izzy bouncing around the house barking! It took her much longer to realize this hairless wonder was Oscar! Poor Oscar, he had such a long, traumatic day at the groomer, all he wanted to do was relax and he couldn't because these 2 kids wouldn't stop bothering him!



So, thats the story of how we came to have a fun little new edition to our happy little family! She is such a sweetheart. Now if we could just get her housebroken! :)

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I sweet Izzy girl! Ryleigh cant wait to come and see her