CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Making Strides!

Nic has never been much for the push toys. He has a couple but has shown zero interest in them. He will push his high chair across the room, but thats about it. He's more of a cruise from furniture to furniture kind of guy. Today we went to Abby's house to play and Sophia had this little shopping cart. Well, all of a sudden Nic started pushing the thing all over the place! He was walking around putting stuff in it, and taking stuff out and he was letting go and taking a couple of steps on his own, I didn't even have to trick him into the steps! It was great! He was even picking the cart up and moving it around where he wanted it to go. It was so funny! The shopping cart is pretty flimsy so, it was of no support to him. He just thought it was helping him. He was pretty much walking all on his own! If my aching back could shed tears of joy, I think it would have at that moment. I have a couple of videos of him doing it at Abby's house, unfortunately by the time I remembered I had my camera in the bag, he was getting bored with it. Abby was nice enough to let us bring it home and he walked all around the house with it. Its such a relief to see he is getting over his fear of walking on his own. I'm not sure what came over him, why he suddenly became so brave but Abby and I suspect it was the Bon Jovi concert playing television. Livin' on a Prayer tends to make you feel brave! :)




0 comments: